- Full-time: 12 months
- Part-time: 24 months
- 100% online
- Fully flexible
*For a limited time, access Ducere scholarships of up to 20% bringing the price to $43,920. Talk to our advisors today.
- 9 subjects
- 3 real industry projects
- Total: 12 subjects
The Ducere Online MBA Advantage
Exclusive access to insights from 250+ global and elite business leaders
Sharpen your business smarts with insights from hundreds of global leaders and business innovators.
Work with the world’s top employers
Showcase your know-how in real-world scenarios, working for the world’s leading employers or in your own organisation.
Fully-accredited 12 month online MBA
Earn your globally-recognised MBA degree from Torrens University Australia.
Study for your online MBA degree from anywhere, anytime. Manage your work and family commitments while studying remotely.
We assess you only on your real-world assignments and an applied project. There’s no need to memorise mindless theory purely to pass an exam. Assessments are based on practical project-focussed work.
Don't just take our word for it, hear from our students
“I’ve just been accepted into a Doctorate after completing the Ducere MBA! The amazing support I received from Ducere, rekindled my love for academia that has literally changed my life.”
Ducere MBA helped me grow as a leader. I gained exposure to three industry projects with large corporate and government organisations, which made this program truly unique. I also have the added flexibility of accessing the course content anywhere via the mobile app!
MBA Program Overview
Delivered with the Torrens University Australia, our mission is to bridge the gap between education and industry by delivering an MBA with real career impact.
- Gain insights from a global faculty of 250+ world leaders, including presidents, prime ministers, billionaires, philanthropists, Fortune 500 CEOs, Nobel Peace Prize winners and more
- No Exams. Work on real projects with our industry partners such as KPMG, PwC, Disney, LinkedIn, Qantas, United Nations, Make-A-Wish, the Australian Government and more
- Over 44% of Ducere students received a salary increase or promotion before graduating
- 96% of students have stated that the online learning experience and academic support was extraordinary
- Study a practical project-based curriculum where you’ll apply everything you learn to real-world situations and solve legitimate business challenges that will transform your career.
Our 12 MBA course subjects are:
- Ethics and Decision-Making
- People and Culture Management
- Finance for Managers
- Industry Project 1 – Learner
- Marketing and Communications
- Business Strategy
- Project Management and Digital Operations
- Industry Project 2 – Manager
- Leadership in Practice
- Big Data for Managers
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Industry Project 3 – Leader
Subject 1: Ethics in Decision Making
Ethical decision-making in a business environment is acknowledged as both a moral imperative and a key foundation of a sustainable business strategy. In an increasingly connected and globalised environment, customers and key business stakeholders hold moral imperatives in front of mind. Subject topics include behavioural ethics, business ethics and sustainability, and decision-making.
- Define ethical and sustainability issues that leaders face in today’s business environment through identifying causes of the current state of the economy and environment.
- Identify ethical frameworks and develop an understanding of behavioural ethics in order to evaluate business scenarios and inform business decisions.
- Identify cognitive and emotive biases and that may be at play individually and in the workplace, which influence decision-making ability.
- Develop different business models, approaches and ethical strategies that inform business differentiation and competitive advantages in a networked and globalised world.
- Develop appropriate strategies, methods and practical tools available to managers to foster internal best practice ethical outcomes.
Subject 2: People and Culture Management
In this subject you will examine the meaning of both inclusion and diversity in the workplace, how to strengthen organisations through employees and how to manage organisational change. In particular, you will reflect upon your own experiences and current people management practices in order to evaluate your effectiveness in these areas. Subject topics include inclusion and diversity, organisational development, and organisational change.
- Address inclusion and diversity as an approach to value creation in modern organisations.
- Identify different elements of culture and behaviour that is prevalent in organisations.
- Understand processes involved in creating positive, productive and stable workforces in the 21st century.
- Develop diagnostic, design and delivery tools used to leverage people-related challenges.
- Define the processes required to design, lead and manage organisational change.
Subject 3: Finance for Managers
In this subject, we introduce core concepts and practices relating to the subjects of managerial accounting, finance, managerial economics and ethics. Managerial accounting involves partnering in management decision-making, devising and planning performance management systems, as well as providing expertise in financial reporting and control. All these practices assist management in the formulation and implementation of an organisation’s strategy. Subject topics include managerial accounting, risk and return, and financial decisions.
- Interpret financial statements and extract critical information to make business decisions.
- Develop an understanding of information that is used in managerial reports for internal reporting.
- Develop an advanced knowledge about financial management – integral to managing a firm’s investments and resources.
- Analyse the financial industry and the decisions that are made from a corporate treasurer’s point of view.
- Understand and identify factors impacting managerial decision-making.
- Explain managerial decision-making under different market conditions.
- Evaluate the impact of external and internal factors on managerial decision-making.
Subject 4: Marketing and Communications
In this subject you will explore marketing management from a customer-driven perspective. You will learn the various frameworks for fundamental concepts such as segmenting, targeting and positioning, as well as identify the critical changes the digital economy has created. Subject topics include marketing within organisations, marketing concepts, marketing strategies, managing brands, marketing communications, and the emergence of eCommerce.
- Understand the role of marketing and its impact on the wider business and industry.
- Define the drivers behind consumers’ decisions/behaviour.
- Develop frameworks to develop innovative, effective and impactful marketing strategies.
- Define emerging trends in the technological environment and the impact they have on business.
- Explain the use of technology to drive business efficiency and effectiveness.
Subject 5: Business Strategy
This subject aims to define the DNA of an effective strategy. In doing so, you will be introduced to the fundamentals of strategy and the role it can and should play in business operations. You will explore the various strategic frameworks and concepts that can be adopted and importantly, define the various scenarios in which they can be deployed, in order to foster successful business outcomes. Subject topics include strategic management, strategic capability, organising for success, creating value, and managing strategic change.
- Understand strategic concepts and their role in business performance.
- Understand strategic frameworks and their use in business decision-making.
- Define strategies to achieve business goals and create competitive advantage.
- Analyse strategies and their likelihood of achieving business goals.
- Define risk response and evaluation on strategic projects.
- Explain variations of strategic change and relevant approaches to manage change.
Subject 6: Project Management and Digital Operations
Innovative web-based tools and techniques for resource allocation and scheduling, quality and risk management—particularly leveraging current technologies—have become a requirement.
This subject delivers guidelines for managing operations (project management) through the current and relevant concepts, tools and techniques stipulated by Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide) set out by Project Management Institute (PMI), that are applicable worldwide.
Subject topics include scope and integration, time, cost and quality, and risk, people and procurement.
- Understand project management environments and the project life-cycle.
- Get familiar with project identification, planning, monitoring and control.
- Understand project scheduling and resourcing techniques.
- Develop cost estimates and budgeting for projects.
- Define risk management techniques and templates.
- Define team management and its value in managing operations.
Subject 7: Leadership in Practice
This subject explores the definitions of leadership in the context of the 21st Century and aims to prepare you to develop the necessary capabilities to prosper in this environment.
You are required to reflect on your own experiences and biases to develop an understanding of how these influence your personal leadership style, as well as how you respond to the leadership of others.
Through engagement with challenging situations and the exploration of different leadership strategies in response, you will develop a new perspective on how you can personally lead teams more effectively and acquire new tools and techniques to achieve this goal.
Subject topics include prepare for Leadership in Practice, develop approaches to this environment, and understand challenges and learn tools.
- Understand the importance of leadership and its associated challenges.
- Define key leadership themes and concepts and how they can be utilised.
- Get familiar with the concepts of self-leadership and self-awareness.
- Understand the role of emotional intelligence in effective leadership.
Subject 8: Big Data for Managers
You will be introduced to Big Data and develop a better understanding of the context and relevance of Big Data in current business practice. You will explore through examples how information systems infrastructure supports ICTs and mobile, necessitates Big Data analytics (IoT) and supports cloud computing.
Most significantly, you will examine the methods/applications of collecting, analysing, interpreting and visualising Big Data, resulting in efficiency. Following the completion of this subject, you will have the ability to visualise and predict trends that facilitate the setting up metrics and measuring business performance.
Subject topics include analytics, processing platforms, information systems, data warehousing and cloud computing, business intelligence, social media analytics, and predictive analysis.
- Understand Big Data Analytics and the importance for modern businesses.
- Define Infrastructure and information systems used in leveraging Big Data .
- Get familiar with data discovery methods, information visualisation and prediction of trends used to inform business decision makers.
- Understand social media analytics and its relevance to applications in current contexts.
Subject 9: Entrepreneurship and Innovation
All leading organisations share one thing in common—they recognise the value of innovation and the cultivation of entrepreneurial thinking to drive shareholder value and performance.
This subject investigates entrepreneurship and the role innovation plays in shaping the culture of a firm. You will explore the various ways that visionary attitudes can transform existing businesses and offer frameworks and tools to commercialise new ideas.
Subject topics include entrepreneurship, innovation concepts, strategic innovation, driving the innovation process, design thinking, learn start-up theory, and funding ventures.
- Explore major theories and models of entrepreneurship and innovation management.
- Define the characteristics of effective entrepreneurs and innovators.
- Understand the challenges faced by entrepreneurs and strategies utilised to overcome them.
- Understand strategic innovation practices and differentiated positioning.
- Define stages and challenges of the innovation process.
- Learn about fundraising and project advancement.
Subject 10: Industry Project 1 – Learner
You will commence the course at the Learner stage with project responsibilities across ethics and sustainability, people and culture, as well as finance for managers, economics and accounting.
Working alongside other Learners in the project team, you must complete the project industry group and individual components relating to these areas under the supervision of other students, who are at Manager (Project 2) and Leader (Project 3) stages of the course.
As a Learner, you will benefit from the mentorship of peers who have already acquired the learning strategies from their first and second projects and have demonstrated a proven track record of successfully delivering value to project partners in the program.
- Define the problem
- Gather and analyse evidence
- Ethics and decision-making
- Finance for managers
- People and culture management
Subject 11: Industry Project 2 – Manager
You will work with a top-tier employer to solve complex problems and deliver innovative solutions, to significantly enhance your professional portfolio.
You will enter Project 2 at Manager level with project responsibilities across operations management information and systems, and marketing and communication. Focusing on the successful functioning of team processes, Managers begin developing their mentorship skills by assisting Learners in their orientation within the program.
Working closely with Project Leaders, the Managers ensure project management functions are carried out in order to successfully deliver client value. Managers are able to draw on their Project 1 experience to provide direction to Learners in meeting their group and individual assessment requirements.
- Define the problem
- Gather and analyse evidence
- Demonstrate management
- Marketing and communications
- Business strategy
- Project management and digital operations
Subject 12: Industry Project 3 – Leader
You will complete your final project as a Leader with project responsibilities across leadership; entrepreneurship and innovation, and strategy and risk. Leaders are fundamentally responsible for the delivery of client value through the group’s successful completion of their industry project.
Leaders utilise their experience from their two previous projects in order to act as the focal point of the team and drive project team strategy to maximise effectiveness. Leaders take primary responsibility for client engagement and must develop a wide range of leadership skills in order to drive team progress.
Leaders complete the course with a demonstrable track record of leading a team of high calibre professionals to deliver value for a major organisation.
- Define the problem
- Gather and analyse evidence
- Demonstrate management
- Develop strategic vision
- Demonstrate leadership
- Leadership in practice
- Big Data for managers
- Entrepreneurship and innovation
MBA Industry Project Partners
MBA Career Outcomes
- Senior Manager
- Account Executive
- Business Consultant
- General Manager
- Finance Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Operations Manager
- Product Manager
- Sales Director
- Project Manager
- Business Development Manager
Chat with us
Just answer a few simple questions
in under 20 seconds.
Tuition, Payment Plans, Loans
*$43,920 when you access Ducere scholarships of up to 20%.
If you want to complete your qualification debt-free you can choose to pay as you go. This means tuition fees will be invoiced each semester and payment is required on or before the due date using credit card, BPAY or Flywire.
FEE-HELP is available
FEE-HELP is an Australian Government’s loan scheme for higher education degree courses. It can assist you in paying for all, or part of, your course fees. Repayments commence via the tax system once your income rises above a minimum threshold ($47,014 in 2021-22). Just like with any other debt, a FEE-HELP debt is a real debt that impacts your credit rating. Further information about FEE-HELP, including eligibility, is available at Study Assist
Students enrolled in this course may be eligible for government assistance, such as Austudy or Abstudy.
Our Student Voice
Ducere Global Business School is an online education provider – recognised as one of the most student-focused and industry-relevant business school in Australia, the UK and the USA. We partner with established universities to deliver internationally recognised qualifications.
Applied learning with Ducere
If you’re looking to stay ahead in your career, you need to upskill strategically. Watch this video to learn how choosing to disrupt the traditional academic pathway and prioritising real-world professional opportunities is the driving force behind our students’ success.Talk to a Ducere Enrolment Advisor