- Full-time: 12 months
- Part-time: 24 months
- 100% online
- Fully flexible
- *For a limited time, access Ducere scholarships of up to 20% bringing the price to $38,400. Talk to our advisors today.
- 11 subjects
- 1 applied industry project
- Total: 12 subjects
The Ducere Advantage
Exclusive access to insights from 250+ global and elite business leaders
Sharpen your business smarts with insights from hundreds of global leaders and business innovators.
Work with the world’s top employers
Showcase your know-how in real-world scenarios, working for the world’s leading employers or in your own organisation.
Fully-accredited 12 month online MBA
Earn your globally-recognised MBA degree from Torrens University Australia.
Study for your online MBA degree from anywhere, anytime. Manage your work and family commitments while studying remotely.
We assess you only on your real-world assignments and an applied project. There’s no need to memorize mindless theory purely to pass an exam. Assessments are based on practical project-focused work.
Don't just take our word for it, hear from our students
I liked the fact that the MBA was industry based, fully flexible, delivered online, yet very interactive. These factors were really appealing to me because I could see how I could fit it into my life while having a full-time role.
The course content not only covers the traditional frameworks of management theory but also inculcates the relevant up-to-date industry knowledge that informs impactful recommendations in the MBA project.
Torrens University Australia and Ducere have taken their practical project-based curriculum one step further by launching a bespoke online MBA program which offers highly focused, globally collaborative training for the growing healthcare industry.
- Gain insights from a global faculty of 250+ world leaders, including presidents, prime ministers, billionaires, philanthropists, Fortune 500 CEOs, Nobel Peace Prize winners and more.
- No Exams. Work on real projects with our industry partners such as KPMG, PwC, Disney, LinkedIn, Qantas, United Nations, Make-A-Wish, the Australian Government and more.
- Over 44% of Ducere students received a salary increase or promotion before graduating.
- 96% of students have stated that the online learning experience and academic support was extraordinary.
- The total venture capital investment in the digital health sector in the first half of 2021 totaled $14.7 billion, making it one of the world’s highest growth sectors.
Our 12 MBA course subjects are:
- Foundations of Digital Health Transformation
- Digital Health Change Management
- Digital Operations and Project Management
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Systems Innovation and Management
- Business Strategy
- Big Data for Managers
- Ethics and Decision-making
- Finance for Managers
- People and Culture
- Leadership in Practice
- Applied Industry Project
Subject 1: Foundations of Digital Health Transformation
This subject explores how digital transformation sparks radical change within the healthcare industry.
- Students will examine digital transformation initiatives of industry leaders and apply methodologies and past experiences to create a digital transformation roadmap for an organisation.
- Specifically, students will identify innovative ways for the healthcare industry to reinvent processes, unlock new business domains, achieve business model transformation, and redesign organisational mindsets, processes, and capabilities.
- Additionally, students will rethink and develop strategic initiatives to transform how health organisations think about competition, data, and innovation and change how they understand, connect, and create value for consumers and patients.
Subject 2: Digital Health Change Management
This subject enables students to develop a critical understanding of relevant change management theories and practical approaches within the digital health sector.
- Students will examine how rapid health digitalisation has impacted managing change in organisational behaviour, operations, and management.
- Key internal and external drivers such as digitalisation, culture, economic and political pressures, and competition forces will be also reviewed.
Subject 3: Digital Operations and Project Management
This subject enables students to evaluate and analyse the functions and make up of operations management, the ways in which operations can be optimised, and the key challenges operations managers face in the modern economy.
- Digital operations and project management aims to ensure that resources are used as efficiently as possible.
- As organisations face variability and uncertainties, managers need to be able to respond to those challenges with effective processes and structures.
- Operations management provides another opportunity to foster and deliver unique competitive advantage.
- This provides another key place for competition in the market place.
Subject 4: Entrepreneurship and Innovation
This subject investigates entrepreneurship and the role innovation plays in shaping the culture of a firm.
- Today’s leading organisations share recognition of the value of innovation and the cultivation of entrepreneurial thinking to drive shareholder value and performance.
- Students critically examine and theorise how the various ways visionary attitudes can transform existing businesses and offer frameworks and tools to commercialise new ideas.
Subject 5: Systems Innovation and Management
This subject provides students with a comprehensive understanding of innovation and management for organisational systems within the healthcare industry.
- Topics such as digital health system drivers, challenges, and trends will be reviewed.
- Students will also use a variety of business innovation methodologies and practices to identify opportunities for innovation and turn their ideas into solutions.
Subject 6: Business Strategy
This subject articulates the fundamentals of and approaches to the design and implementation of an effective business strategy.
- Students critically analyse the fundamentals of strategy and the role it should play in business operations.
- Various strategic frameworks and concepts are evaluated for various organisational contexts conducive towards fostering successful business outcomes.
- The role of strategy in developing competitive advantage will be further examined in order to frame the various ways in which strategy can drive growth and effective business performance.
- Students will formulate methodologies for managing strategic change to gain a comprehensive understanding of how and why to implement effective business strategy.
Subject 7: Big Data for Managers
This subject examines Big Data management across three main areas.
- Candidates critically examine the concept of Big Data, its evolution, associated skills and professional roles in relation to business management.
- The infrastructure that supports Big Data, cloud solutions and data processing platforms is evaluated and approaches to data mining, synthesis, interpretation, information, visualisation and prediction methods are hypothesised and designed.
- Current social media analytics tools are appraised for their relevance in contemporary business management.
Subject 8: Ethics and Decision-making
This subject enables students to critically explore the ethical viewpoints and moral standards that are relied upon to reach conclusions and make decisions within a business and organisational context.
- Although some ethical viewpoints are considered universal and consistent across cultures, others are of a local or personal nature.
- As ethical viewpoints continue to evolve and change over time through interactions with different people and contexts, the ability for managers and leaders of organisations to evaluate these changes, make ethical decisions and responds appropriately is paramount for contemporary organisations.
Subject 9: Finance for Managers
This subject introduces core concepts and practices relating to Finance, Managerial Accounting and Managerial Economics.
- Students will develop the ability to interpret and critically evaluate organisational financial information and extract data from financial statements and reports for reporting and decision-making purposes.
- The fundamental concepts in corporate finance and capital markets are explored and investigated and models and tools based on decision science are applied to achieve organisational objectives efficiently.
Subject 10: Leadership in Practice
This subject explores the definitions and practices of leadership in the context of the 21st century.
- It prepares candidates to develop the necessary mindsets, insights and capabilities through the exploration of self, situations and by critically examining the different techniques utilised to lead and manage in contemporary organisations.
- The subject enables students to examine their own skills, attributes and actions for successful leadership practice.
Subject 11: People and Culture
This subject explores how human factors influence organisational effectiveness and productivity.
- Students explore how human, cultural and social dynamics influence organisational culture, individuals and teams.
- Students will critically examine these dynamics and formulate strategic approaches to be able to balance between organisational and human demands in an increasingly diverse and global environment.
- Managers and leaders must be equipped with the necessary frameworks and mind-set to ensure an organisational culture is conducive to value creation.
Subject 12: Applied Industry Project
This subject enables students to consolidate their knowledge, skills, and insights to develop innovative solutions to a real business problem identified within the context of a workplace, start-up or industry in their specialisation.
- Students are introduced to research principles and methods synthesising relevant business research from previous subjects.
- By drawing on the theoretical, conceptual and practical learnings derived from the course, students will work on a concept, solution or idea that has immediate practical application.
Industry Project Partners
- Client Director – Digital Transformation
- Consulting Director – Digital Transformation
- Associate Director Transformation Program Management
- Director, Technology Strategy and Transformation
- Director, Technology Strategy and Transformation Consulting
- Manager – Digital and Technology Risk and Risk Transformation
Book a consultation
Just answer a few simple questions
in under 20 seconds.
Tuition, Payment Plans, Loans
*$38,400 when you access Ducere scholarships of up to 20%.
If you want to complete your qualification debt-free you can choose to pay as you go. This means tuition fees will be invoiced each semester and payment is required on or before the due date using credit card, BPAY or Flywire.
FEE-HELP is available
FEE-HELP is an Australian Government’s loan scheme for higher education degree courses. It can assist you in paying for all, or part of, your course fees. Repayments commence via the tax system once your income rises above a minimum threshold ($47,014 in 2021-22). Just like with any other debt, a FEE-HELP debt is a real debt that impacts your credit rating. Further information about FEE-HELP, including eligibility, is available at Study Assist
Students enrolled in this course may be eligible for government assistance, such as Austudy or Abstudy.
Our Student Voice
Ducere Global Business School is an online education provider – recognised as one of the most student-focused and industry-relevant business school in Australia. We partner with established universities to deliver internationally recognised qualifications.
Applied learning with Ducere
If you’re looking to stay ahead in your career, you need to upskill strategically. Watch this video to learn how choosing to disrupt the traditional academic pathway and prioritising real-world professional opportunities is the driving force behind our students’ success.Talk to a Ducere Enrolment Advisor