- Full-time: 4 months
- Part-time: up to 8 months
- 100% online
- Fully flexible
The Ducere Advantage
Exclusive access to insights from global and elite business leaders
Sharpen your business smarts with insights from hundreds of global leaders and business innovators.
Work with the world’s top employers
Showcase your know-how in real-world scenarios working for the world’s leading employers or in your own organisation.
Fully-accredited online graduate certificate
Earn your globally-recognised graduate certificate from University of New England.
Study for your online graduate certificate from anywhere, anytime. Manage your work and family commitments while studying remotely.
We assess you only on your real-world assignments and an applied project. There’s no need to memorise mindless theory purely to pass an exam. Assessments are based on practical project-focussed work.
Don't just take our word for it, hear from our students
I got a new role as the senior sales lead of a German Cyber Security start-up, shortly after graduating. I couldn’t be happier.
The opportunities in cyber are fantastic, especially if you start with an understanding of strategy and policy – as taught in this course.
Delivered with the University of New England, our mission is to bridge the gap between education and industry by delivering a graduate certificate with real career impact.
Approved by the ‘Australian Defence Force’, this course is designed to give you the opportunity to:
- Explore risk analysis, threat management, Big Data, the cyber mindset, global cyber security and the law
- Discover the legal and political spectrum of data security
- Learn the tools to affect a positive organisation-wide data security culture
- Become a reflective leader and data practitioner to formulate, implement and evaluate industry-specific investigations, to resolve complex professional problems and inform decision-making.
PATHWAY TO AN MBA
Upon successful completion of this graduate certificate, you are eligible to gain entry into an MBA (Data and Cyber Management) with the University of New England.
Is a Certificate of Data and Cyber Management Right for You?
Identify goals, personal strengths and important facts about your potential career path so you can make an informed decision about your future. It takes just a few minutes!
- This graduate certificate is for leaders who are looking to equip themselves with the knowledge and skills needed to implement effective cyber management in any organisation.
- This is not a technical qualification. This course is designed to provide you with sufficient knowledge of the different programming languages, systems and infrastructures combined with both local and globally recognised strategies to successfully liaise with various technical experts and stakeholders to make informed management decisions.
- This course clearly identifies the various data risks to, and the responsibilities of, every organisation with an online presence. You will focus explicitly on culture, values and dispositions in order to affect change within organisations with regards to best cyber security practice. As no two organisations are the same, each will require unique, multi-faceted and creative solutions that are reached through careful planning of self and others.
- The structure of our program includes four course units, covering a wide range of critical business topics to provide you with the opportunity to transform theoretical concepts into real-time business projects.
The four course units are:
- Global Cyber Security and Law
- Risk Analysis and Threat Management
- Big Data
- The Cyber Mindset
Global Cyber Security and Law
As the “internet of things” integrates further into society, there are heightened risks associated with operating in the digital economy without appropriate cyber security measures. Managers are increasingly being held accountable for protecting important intellectual property and client information and need to make informed decisions.
This subject will provide an overview of cyber security, its history and current global context. In addition, it will explore various legal structures and requirements of organisations from various levels of government and internationally.
You will be able to critically analyse emerging regulations and critique cyber governance methodologies, which will inform organisation-wide compliance strategies.
Upon completion of this unit, you will be able to:
- Critically analyse and understand the complexity of managing cyber security in organisations
- Review and evaluate globally current and emerging trends in cyber security regulations, standards and practices across various levels of organisations
- Critically evaluate a range of cyber security technologies and analyse their effectiveness
- Develop the ability to think strategically from the perspective of senior management in leading organisational change in cyber security
- Critically analyse various governance and compliance strategies; and
- Demonstrate a grasp of the seminal cyber security frameworks and academic theories.
- History of cyber security
- Intellectual property
- Geopolitical hegemony
- National and international law
- Electronic cyber-law
- The regulatory universe
- Cyber security domains of knowledge
Risk Analysis and Threat Management
This subject explores various cyber risk analysis methodologies that conform with industry standards in this emerging field. Discover the complexities of attempting to accurately measure risk and maintain secure networks in rapidly changing environments, as well as appreciate the intrinsic human relationship frequently associated with various degrees of information breaches. This subject will also outline various management strategies for post threat detection both internally and externally.
- Critically analyse and understand the complexity that surrounds identifying and managing risk and threats to organisations
- Review and evaluate the various risk analysis strategies for different organisations
- Review and evaluate the various threat management strategies for different organisations
- Critically evaluate the nature of cyber risk and threat management with a global perspective
- Cyber threats, risks, and vulnerabilities
- Risk appetite
- Risk assessment
- Risk mitigation
- Cyber threat modelling
- Advanced Persistent Threat (APTs) identification
- Cyber security standards, frameworks and guidelines.
In this unit, you will be introduced to Big Data and develop a better understanding of the context and relevance of Big Data in current management contexts. Gain an understanding of the key objectives of managers and organisational management, as well as the common techniques utilised to achieve organisational performance. Learn the challenges that management teams have had to deal with historically, as well as how these challenges have evolved along with technology advances (ICTs, IoTs, cloud computing, etc), and the resulting globalised economy.
Most significantly, you will examine the methods and applications of collecting, analysing, interpreting and visualising Big Data in order to obtain relevant insights into efficiency. Upon completion of this unit, you will have the ability to visualise and predict the trends that facilitate the setting up of metrics and measuring business performance.
- Critically evaluate the role of Big Data in driving business agility and innovation
- Review and evaluate infrastructure and information systems used in leveraging Big Data
- Review and critically evaluate data discovery methods, information visualisation and prediction of trends used to inform business decision makers
- Demonstrate a grasp of the seminal business intelligence frameworks and academic theories.
- History of Big Data
- Big data in business and commerce
- Analytics and Big Data
- The evolution of Big Data
- Dimensions of Big Data
- (Un-) moral use of data in contemporary society
- Mobile information systems and data warehousing
- Data processing platforms (Apache Hadoop, MapReduce)
- Business Intelligence
The Cyber Mindset
Implementing an organisation-wide cyber security change inherently involves commitment from all levels of management, as well as other internal and external stakeholders. This requires fundamental organisational paradigm shifts to acquire a cyber mindset.
This subject will explore the complexities of dealing with all stakeholders when trying to maintain a secure environment, while also unpacking what a cyber mindset means in the 21st Century with the ever-evolving Internet of Things.
- Critically evaluate various organisational culture change methodologies with the emphasis on implementing best cyber practices
- Review and interpret the different stakeholder involvement and responsibilities for a successful cyber mindset
- Critically evaluate the nature of a cyber mindset from an individual, organisation-wide and global perspective
- Analyse and critically evaluate culturally different cyber mindsets.
- Cyber mindset imperatives
- Cyber implications for organisational strategy
- Cyber governance
- Examination of a holistic approach to cyber decision-making
- Cyber mindset trends
- Capacity building and unlocking the cyber mindset
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Head of Cyber Security
- Head of Cyber Defence
- President of Cyber Security
- Information Security Director
- Change Leader
- Cyber Security Executive
- Data and Cyber Security Lead
- VP of Cyber Security Strategy
- VP of Security Assurance
- Security Governance Director
- Threat Investigations Lead
- Enterprise Risk Officer
- Head of Digital Transformation
- Governance Compliance & Risk Manager
Book a Consultation
Just answer a few simple questions
in under 20 seconds.
Tuition, Payment Plans, Loans
Study now, pay later.
Government FEE-HELP support available
FEE-HELP is available
All our Australian degrees are eligible for FEE-HELP. This means you need to pay nothing upfront. For more information about FEE-HELP, visit studyassist.gov.au.
Define the problem
Our Student Voice
Ducere Global Business School is an online education provider – recognised as one of the most student-focused and industry-relevant business school in Australia, The UK and The USA. We partner with established universities to deliver internationally recognised qualifications.
Learn from 250+ world leaders
Students undertaking courses with Ducere and our university partners will have access to insights from over 250 global leaders and business innovators as part of the global business curriculum.Talk to a Ducere Enrolment Advisor