*Per year fees, for three years. Prices are subject to exchange rate. Fee help available.
6 per year
- Strategy Specialist
- Business Owner
- Business Advisor
- Business Development Executive
- CEO/Managing Director
The Ducere Advantage
Exclusive access to insights from global and elite business leaders
Sharpen your business smarts with insights from hundreds of global leaders and business innovators.
Work with the world’s top employers
Showcase your know-how in real-world scenarios working for the world’s leading employers or in your own organization.
Fully-accredited online BA
Earn your globally-recognised BA Degree from the prestigious University of Wales Trinity Saint David.
Study for your online BA degree from anywhere, anytime. Manage your work and family commitments while studying remotely.
We assess you only on your real-world assignments and an applied project. There’s no need to memorise mindless theory purely to pass an exam. Assessments are based on practical project-focussed work.
- Delivered with the University of Wales Trinity Saint David, one of the UK’s leading universities, this course has been specifically designed for those with the passion and ambition to start their own venture, or further develop a venture with which they are already associated.
- The programme provides a broad foundation of business skills tailored to the needs of entrepreneurs and business leaders who have a desire to create a better future through outstanding business leadership — whether that be as an entrepreneur, senior executive or social entrepreneur.
- This course represents a unique learning experience that includes tailored learning activities and exclusive video content, standing on the shoulders of hundreds of the world’s most successful and inspiring leaders.
- The structure of our programme includes 18 modules covering a wide range of critical business topics, to provide you with the opportunity to transform theoretical concepts into real-time business projects.
Is a Bachelor of Applied Business Entrepreneurship Right for You?
Identify goals, personal strengths and important facts about your potential career path so you can make an informed decision about your future. It takes just a few minutes!
Our 18 BA (Hons) course modules are:
- Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship
- Fundamentals of Management
- Fundamentals of Project Management
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Managing Money and Finances
- Business Model Development
- Applied Entrepreneurship: Concept Development and Validation
- Corporate Responsibility
- Design Thinking
- Digital Business and Disruption
- Big Data
- Capital Raising
- The Global Economy
- Management Strategy
- Digital Marketing
- Managing Employee Relations
- Managerial Communication
- Organisational Change
Module 1: Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship
This module introduces you to what it means to be an entrepreneur, the fundamental tools of the trade and the role of entrepreneurship—both as it has been and as it currently is. You will be introduced to the theoretical concepts of entrepreneurial venture-creation in a range of contexts.
- Identify and justify entrepreneurial opportunities.
- Articulate key processes towards successful new-venture creation.
- Design launch strategies for new ventures.
- Explain the challenges typically faced by entrepreneurs.
Module 2: Fundamentals of Management
In this module, you will come to understand the importance and objectives of organisational management, the various core frameworks required to design and set up organisations and the tools and techniques effective for the assessment and improvement of organisational performance.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamental concepts and importance of management, including managerial challenges and the implications they have on business performance.
- Identify appropriate managerial strategies to maximise value-creation within organisations.
- Clearly articulate the differences and overlaps between leadership and management and what challenges each of the roles bring.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the cultural needs of organisations.
Module 3: Fundamentals of Project Management
In this module, you will learn what constitutes a project, the various components and stages of a project, as well as the core competencies and approaches of an effective project manager. Taking a broad perspective, this module introduces you to the similarities of projects between industries, as well as many of the nuances that may be found in particular industries.
Upon the successful completion of this module, the student should be able to:
- Clearly define and scope projects of varying natures and demonstrate an understanding of the variations between projects and their respective industries;
- Understand the various stages of a project and its components;
- Use appropriate project planning tools; and
- Identify key dependencies and risks for project success.
Module 4: Fundamentals of Marketing
In this module, you will be introduced to the fundamental concepts of marketing, its function in business and the different approaches to marketing management. You will also learn how marketing has evolved in line with digital capabilities as well as why many fundamentals remain unchanged. You will also develop the ability to articulate basic marketing goals and plans.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamental principles and philosophies of marketing and its resultant business challenges.
- Prepare reports interpreting secondary-data that informs marketing decisions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of customers and their markets and how they inform business decisions.
- Develop a marketing plan.
Module 5: Managing Money and Finances
You will develop your understanding and skills in the foundations of business accounting, in order to prepare and interpret basic financial reports for organisations of varying maturity. You will also explore the theories that underpin business accounting and develop the capability to identify any financial trends of note, in order to make the necessary recommendations.
- Interpret and prepare basic financial reports.
- Identify challenges and inform business decisions.
- Prepare financial information packages to support decision-makers.
- Proactively identify business finance challenges.
Module 6: Business Model Development
This module aims to introduce you to the core concepts of a business model and its importance in providing sustainable business success. In addition to understanding -core business model components, you will develop skills in assessing current and future risks and opportunities, based on strategic market analysis and forward planning. You will also have an opportunity to develop new, innovative business models, utilising the principles and frameworks that you have learnt, thereby fostering a greater level of student creativity and critical engagement.
- Define and articulate the core components of an organisation’s business model and its importance in an organisation’s success.
- Explain the interaction between the key factors of a business model and its impacts.
- Evaluate an existing business model in relation to the surrounding market conditions and identify and communicate opportunities for improvement and innovation.
- Propose business models that reflect the market opportunities of the business environment.
Module 7: Applied Entrepreneurship: Concept Development and Validation
The module aims to stimulate theoretical and practical awareness of creativity and innovation for both individual and organisational contexts. You will identify opportunities and select appropriate innovative and entrepreneurial processes for both new ventures and existing organisations.
- Recognise the role of creativity and innovation in responding to global business challenges.
- Undertake research to identify business challenges and opportunities.
- Apply the skills learned to develop new and alternative solutions to identified problems and/or scenarios.
- Develop a professional pitch to outline the entrepreneurial opportunity.
Module 8: Corporate Responsibility
In this module you will learn the increasingly important role of Corporate Responsibility (CR) and how it has evolved in recent years. In addition to the key considerations of CR for organisations and the opportunities and risks involved in adopting or ignoring CR, you will develop your understanding of the various methodologies that are being introduced to foster CR.
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the various concepts and strategies of CR and their potential impact on organisations and business objectives.
- Identify opportunities for value-adding CR within an established organisation.
- Design CR strategies to respond to business scenarios.
- Demonstrate a capacity to clearly communicate CR strategies to a variety of stakeholders.
Module 9: Design Thinking
In this module, you will explore design thinking and why this modern business concept is useful and valuable to all kinds of organisations. In particular, you will engage with the design thinking process—from ideation through to evaluation—and explore the role it plays in current businesses, including the theory and philosophy behind it and the different approaches to it. You will have an opportunity to apply your knowledge and will engage in a design thinking process for an existing organisation, or your own venture.
- Define and articulate design thinking theory and its role within the modern business environment.
- Explain the interaction between key phases of design thinking and the impacts on business practice.
- Apply design thinking practices and approaches to solve real-world business problems.
Module 10: Digital Business and Disruption
In this module, you will learn about the digital economy and the associated new breed of high-growth digital businesses. You will explore differences between digital and physical organisations and the methods of developing and delivering value to customers. You will develop skills in identifying digital business opportunities, the risks for established organisations, as well as learn to design business models for digital organisations and adapt more traditional business models to suit the digital economy.
- Demonstrate knowledge and critical understanding of the core concepts of a digital business and how these differ from more traditional organisations.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in established organisations using digital methodologies.
- Design digital business strategies to improve value for existing customers and to attract new customers.
- Clearly articulate the challenges that digital disruption brings to traditional business models.
- Design disruptive digital business models.
Module 11: Big Data
In this module, you will explore the concepts of Big Data And how it can be applied in modern business contexts. After developing your understanding of the various methodologies for collecting and interpreting Big Data, you will work on its application to improve business performance. After completing this module, you will have a demonstrated capacity to identify and articulate appropriate metrics for measuring business performance across all departments in a variety of businesses and how to identify pertinent trends to overall business performance.
- Design data collection strategies that inform business decision-making.
- Effectively communicate a detailed knowledge and systematic understanding of the various types of Big Data and the function of each.
- Interpret Big Data and provide recommendations to business decision makers.
- Identify and articulate relevant metrics for business performance across departments, sectors and business types.
Module 12: Capital Raising
In this module, you will develop the skills and understanding necessary to raise capital for new and existing ventures of various types and stages of maturity. In addition to understanding the various types of funding available and the benefits and drawbacks of each, you will be able to develop strategies to source and raise funds, with accurate venture valuations.
- Demonstrate a systematic understanding of various capital fundraising methods and strategies and accurately evaluate market potential for new ventures.
- Analyse the various types of business funding available to organisations.
- Develop pitch skills to secure funding for new ventures.
- Create financial projections to support business investment decisions.
Module 13: The Global Economy
In this module, you will explore the new paradigm of business that is the global economy and the resulting implications for both established and new organisations. You will develop your understanding and ability to identify drivers of global change and interpret the results to identify opportunities and challenges from both an operational and strategic perspective.
- Analyse the concepts of globalisation and the global economy and the various opportunities and challenges that arise in organisations of a varying nature.
- Demonstrate an ability to track and interpret global trends to inform business decision-making.
- Devise and justify strategies to maximise organisational value and performance in a global economy.
- Interpret the global drivers of influence and the ways in which they affect business markets.
Module 14: Management Strategy
In this module, you will develop your ability to design effective business strategies for organisations of varying types and stages of maturity. Through consideration of strategy concepts, the evolution of strategy and a range of strategic methodologies, you will learn how to respond to specific business scenarios and design proactive strategies towards achieving business goals.
- Analyse and evaluate the various strategic planning techniques and the function and importance of strategy within organisations.
- Apply strategic foresight techniques to inform strategy design.
- Design and communicate strategies to respond to business scenarios.
- Interpret business data to justify strategic planning.
Module 15: Digital Marketing
In this module, you will learn to appreciate the evolving and pervasive nature of the digital landscape and develop skills to improve digital marketing effectiveness. You will utilise effective digital monitoring and measurement techniques to improve digital marketing performance.
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the well-established principles of the disruptive digital marketing environment and the challenges and opportunities that it brings.
- Conduct an online customer experience analysis.
- Critically evaluate the appropriateness of digital tools to support marketing platforms and measure and monitor their effectiveness;
- Develop a digital marketing strategy.
Module 16: Managing Employee Relations
You can choose to study one of the following modules (option 1):
In this module, you will be introduced to employment regulations that apply to all types of staff. You will develop your abilities in designing workforce policies and procedures in line with the law, in order to foster safe and enjoyable work environments. In addition, you will learn fundamental approaches to dealing with various staff challenges in the workplace.
- Demonstrate sound knowledge and critical understanding of the key regulations in relation to a safe and supportive work environment.
- Create workplace policies to foster a productive work environment and proactively identify employee challenges and issues.
- Design strategies to create a harmonious and positive working environment.
- Clearly and appropriately communicate in both oral and written forms.
Module 17: Managerial Communication
You can choose to study one of the following modules (option 2):
In this module, you will develop your understanding of the importance of various methods of business communications. You will be introduced to methodologies and techniques in both formal and informal communication and will develop your skills in selecting and developing appropriate communication methodologies for various business scenarios and objectives.
- Demonstrate knowledge and a critical understanding of the well-established principles of business communication methods.
- Evaluate a range of communication media and their suitability to a variety of business scenarios.
- Prepare and develop a range of publications to suit various business scenarios.
- Prepare and deliver effective presentations and pitches to suit various business scenarios.
Module 18: Organisational Change
You can choose to study one of the following modules (option 3):
In this module, you will consider concepts of organisational change and change management. You will develop your ability to plan proactively, lead and manage the organisation undergoing change, such as new policy adoption, new product development or some form of innovation.
- Identify requirements for organisational change to improve business performance and design appropriate change management strategies suitable for the organisation and teams.
- Develop a clear change management plan that identifies potential threats to change.
- Design communications strategies that take into account potential threats to change.
- Create plans to support and manage individuals and their performance through the change process.
Book a Consultation
Just answer a few simple questions
in under 20 seconds.
Tuition, Payment Plans, Loans
3 instalments per academic year (34%, 33%, 33%)
1 instalment payable per term.
UK Loan companies – Student Finance Wales or Student Finance England
US students can apply for Sallie Mae loans to cover all or part of the fees.
Don't just take our word for it, hear from our students
I’ve been selected to head up the Acoufelt team in Sydney and drive the business forward assisting Australia’s leading architects and designers. I was thrilled to have been invited to join the Acoufelt team, and my entrepreneurship studies through Ducere are providing me with the knowledge and skills that will ensure Acoufelt continues to provide innovative product and service solutions to the global interior design industries.
This degree is ahead of the education curve. Ducere gives an opportunity to upskill in a practical way, without impinging on work or finance. Getting started is the hardest part, but Ducere allowed me to begin with one unit to dip my toes in, then I was off. Do it, it will change your life!
Our Student Voice
Ducere Global Business School is an online education provider – recognised as one of the most student-focused and industry-relevant business school in Australia, The UK and The USA. We partner with established universities to deliver internationally recognised qualifications.
Learn from 250+ world leaders
Students undertaking courses with Ducere and our university partners will have access to insights from over 250 global leaders and business innovators as part of the global business curriculum.Learn More